Many businesses today understand the importance of generating customer leads through their website and social media platforms. Without digital marketing reporting, though, you can’t know which of your digital marketing efforts are really working. Reporting—the way to understand your customers’ needs and behaviors—is key to growing and sustaining your business. At Boost, we’ve created our own successful multi-state businesses because all of our customer lead generation tactics are driven by data. Here’s how we can help you grow your business, too.
Why is reporting so important?
Maybe you have decided that your business needs more digital marketing to grow. You throw some high-quality content into a website, optimize it for speed and security and SEO, run some PPC ads, and then wait for the customer leads to roll in.
You’re on the right track, with one missing element: digital marketing reporting.
If you don’t look at the data from these channels, how will you know which of your efforts are worth the time and money? Reporting looks at three main aspects of your digital marketing:
- Which messages are resonating with your target audience
- Which website pages, ads, or social media messages are most popular
- Whether or not your strategies are resulting in valuable leads
These three factors are crucial to your company’ continued success and growth. If you don’t know how well your marketing efforts are working, you can’t find new areas to improve. You can’t see places where work is needed.
You may see a brief spike in calls or page visits when you post a new blog or send out an email, but without looking at why those spikes occurred, that increase is brief and fleeting.
Reporting can offer you valuable insight into:
- Your customer’s behavior on your site and across ads and social media sites
- How many new and returning visitors you have on your website and how they got there
- How visitors navigate your website in general
Without this data, it’s hard to know which of your digital marketing efforts is successful and which is falling flat. In other words, reporting helps identify the best place to spend your marketing dollars for the greatest ROI.
Towards data-driven customer lead generation
With so much competition for customer dollars, it’s not enough to just guess at what works in digital marketing. Boost uses proven strategies for data-driven customer lead generation that’s been inspired by our experience running successful businesses.
Numbers matter. Reporting on your website and social analytics can help us fine-tune our digital marketing efforts in order to drive more traffic to your website and get more people in the door.
For example, we constantly look at the numbers to see which high-quality content is more engaging to your audience and which could benefit from some SEO or social optimization. We are also analyzing returns on ad spend, and tweaking continuously to get more value from PPC ads.
We also send out weekly reports to keep everyone in the loop. We also know that this offers talking points on your marketing ROI so you can see the immediate and financial benefits of our work.
Ultimately, digital marketing reporting can help you create a trusted online presence in your community by identifying engaging, cost-effective strategies that truly work to grow your company.
What we track at Boost
At Boost, we send you a weekly report that focuses on results. We track these elements of your digital marketing strategy so you don’t have to, including:
- Advertising spend across various networks such as Google AdWords, Bing, and social media
- Traffic to your website
- Total web referrals
- Total web form submissions
- Number of phone calls from the web (PPC compared to organic)
- Number of social media followers
- Growth of your email newsletter list
- Weekly ROI, based on number of web referrals in relation to advertising budget
- Weekly log of what we’ve changed and the work we’ve done
- Phone call data, including date, time, phone name, name, and source
- Historical keyword rankings versus competitor rankings
- Social citations to see which pages on your website are shared the most and on which social media networks
As a digital marketing company, our reporting looks to see which areas of investment are having the most impact for you. We focus on helping you grow your business by improving customer lead generation, reporting on what is working and what needs to be improved.
At Boost, reporting is just one element of our approach to customer lead generation that’s inspired by experience and driven by data. Get in touch today to see how we can help you grow your business.